|Jack Meadows||Service Record|
Superintendent Jack Meadows is a character in The Bill. He is currently the second longest serving character. He is played by Simon Rouse and was introduced as a regular character in 1992 in the episode Re-Hab (TB)
- Main article: Service Record
- 1992 - Demotion: D.C.I. / Transferred: Sun Hill from AMIP
- 2005 - Acting Superindentent (A/Supt.)
- 2005 - Leave of Absence: Spend time with his son.
- 2009 - Promotion: Superintendent.
- Laura Meadows (divorced in 2003)
- Rachel Heath (lovers: 2003-2004)
- Debbie McAllister (flirtation)
- Benjamin Meadows (son, with Laura)
- Lucy Meadows (daughter, with Laura)
- unnamed child (unknown gender; with Laura; miscarriage) [mentioned in 2002]
- Joshua Heath (son, with Rachel: born in 2004)
Meadows first arrived in Sun Hill having been demoted from his previous position of Detective Superintendent at AMIP following a scandal. The reputation that preceded him was one of being a tough cop. During the early 1980's Meadows was part of a Squad called the Beagle Boys who were tough on villains and brought fear amongst other coppers. It was during this time that Jack had some run ins with a then DC now DCI Keane of the DPS.
Meadows came under fire from the CIB in the wake of the Don Beech scandal at Sun Hill and though cleared of any direct involvement, he was deemed accountable for failing to notice Beech's corrupt activities. However, in the "clean sweep" of CID which followed in All Fall Down, Meadows escaped being transferred away from Sun Hill after calling in a favour from a friend at Scotland Yard, much to the ire of Borough Commander Guy Mannion, DI Deakin and DS Daly.