Resonding straight away to high-priority calls
|Currently In Use:|
Area Cars are large sedans used in pursuits from The Bill's beginning in Woodentop to the end in Respect: Part 2. They are fast for speed and stable in handling, making them the perfect pursuit vehicle. They can only be driven by Area Car Drivers, which an advanced driving course needs to be used.
Area Car DriversEdit
PC Steve Loxton (1990-1997)
PC Tony Stamp (1987-2009)
PC Vicky Hagen (1998-2001)
PC Des Taviner (2001-2003)
PC Gemma Osbourne (2002-2003)
PC Yvonne Hemmingway (2003-2006)
PC Roger Valentine (2004-2010)
PC Will Fletcher (2006-2008)
Sergeant Callum Stone (2007-2010)
PC Kirsty Knight (2010)
Area Cars Used in The BillEdit
1990-1997: Ford Sierra
1997-1998: Ford Mondeo
1997-2004: Vauxhall Vectra
2004-2010: BMW 5 Series E39
2010: BMW 5 Series E60
- In The Short Straw, during a pursuit of the murderers of WDC Viv Martella, a suspect shot at the Ford Sierra Area Car, smashing the window. Driver PC Steve Loxton and passenger WPC June Ackland were unharmed but the suspect car crashed and exploded, killing both occupants.
- In Urgent Assistance PC Tony Stamp accidentally knocked over a pedestrian in a Vectra Area Car (P610TUY). The car was undamaged but the man hit by the car died.
- In The Morning After whilst backing out, PC Vicky Hagen, driving a Vectra Area Car (V874FNP), collided with PC Polly Page's Panda Car, as this one was backing out. Minor damages were done to tail lights but no one was injured. The blame was lain with Vicky.
- In Value Judgement PC Vicky Hagen first dented the Vectra Area car (V874FNP) after avoiding a head on collision by hitting a parked car. She later tried to stop a child being abducted but crashed the car into ditch. The car's chassis was badly bent, writing off the car. PC Hagen was not injured.
- In Episode 159, PC Des Taviner went crazy when he thought Sgt. Sheelagh Murphy had gone to New Scotland Yard to tell Supt. Adam Okaro that Des started the Sun Hill Fire in 2002. After driving the Vectra Area car (either Y721JNP or P966XHG) into a chemical warehouse pushing the car of a suspect who was robbing pensioners and the warehouse exploded. The car was destroyed and PC Reg Hollis, who was also in the car, suffered severe injuries but survived. The driver of the other car died and PC Des Taviner escaped.
- In Episode 225, PC Tony Stamp accidentally ran Sergeant June Ackland over in a BMW 5-series Area Car (LY53GUF).